We are excited to release the detailed curriculum for the 2018 Sarajevo Symposium on Post-Conflict Transitions!
Please join us for 15 days packed with engaging lectures, stimulating discussions, exercises, simulations, in-depth study groups, guided site visits and lots of opportunities to socialize with an outstanding faculty and like-minded peers in the beautiful city of Sarajevo. We will:
- Define the key actors and areas of policies and programming in transitions
- Explore different approaches and innovative programming options in the areas on governance, security, justice and reconciliation
- Improve skills in advocacy and trauma awareness
- Deep-dive into the case studies of the transitions in countries such as Bosnia and Herzegovina, Burundi, Colombia, Nepal, Somalia, and Syria
- Apply these frameworks and skills in a 2-day multi-lateral simulation exercise
Transferable MA academic credit is available from the Sarajevo School of Science and Technology. Upon completion of the course, participants will receive a Post-Graduate Certificate in "Managing Post-Conflict Transitions."
Our keynote speakers for this year's symposium are:
President of the Republic of Kosovo , 2011-2016
Dr. Ejup Ganic
Chancellor of the SSST;
Former President, Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina
Prof. Dr. Ivo Josipovic
President of Croatia, 2010-2015
Additional faculty includes:
- Carolyn Edgerton, International Criminal Lawyer, former Prosecutor, International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia
- Jakob Finci, President of the Jewish Community of Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Atifete Jahjaga, President of the Republic of Kosovo (2011-2016)
- Hind Kabawat, Member of the High Negotiation Committee at the Syrian Peace Talks and Director of Interfaith Peacebuilding, Center for World Religions, George Mason University
- William Stuebner, Former Chief of Staff and Senior Deputy for Human Rights of the OSCE Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina
- And many more!
Link for APPLY ONLINE